Sunday, February 6, 2011

It happens in a blink.

A monumental moment. Ever have one of those? Something that literally happens so fast yet it changes you. I've had a few along this journey.
~When God called us to adopt.
~When He told us WHO we would adopt.
~Moments in Africa of complete surrender followed but supernatural peace.
~The moment in Africa when I realized the greatest gift He gave me on that journey was the gift of one day at a time.

This one...was different.

You know I may take a few posts to lead up to 'the moment' itself.

It hit me completely unaware. It was not a 'me moment'. It was a 'God moment'. It was nothing someone else did. It was not circumstantial. It was, plain and simple, a monumental moment. It changed me.

I'm about to copy and paste the lyrics to a song that God gave me a few hours after 'the moment'. I've never read the song. I've never heard the complete song (I will in a few minutes...). I've heard it come on...and often changed the channel or turned it off...or never listened. One line I did hear though... "It happens in a blink".

A few hours after 'the moment' ... I was crying and asking God questions with no real question coming out. I didn't know what to ask. I had nothing to say. I was in the shower and this song came to mind...literally...as I started singing it. "It happens in a blink..." and I stopped and smiled and acknowledged yes...this was a defining moment in my life. Just a moment. Just a blink. It was a 'God-blink' though. It was a gift.

Here's the song:
Blink. By Revive.

Teach me to number my days
And count every moment before it slips away
Taking all the colors before they fade to gray
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this

It happens in a blink
It happens in a flash
It happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink (x2)

When it's all said and done
No one remembers how far we have run
The only thing that matters is how we have loved
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this

It happens in a blink
It happens in a flash
It happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink (x4)

Slow down, slow down
Before today becomes our yesterday
Slow down, slow down
Before you turn around and it's too late

It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink

It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink (x4)

No comments:

Post a Comment