Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 2 of school and life.

School is IN session :) I had to be 100% organized first which I must admit is TOTALLY working for me ;)

4 new desks, 4 new chairs (red, orange, red, orange) and 4 kids ready to go every morning and we are on our way! The ciricc we are using is very much for each child at their own speed which is just plain a necessity in this family. Tirzah has already accomplished 1 week's worth of work in 2 days. Chazano and Zunduka...we are at the basics of basics. You know what...we already know the struggle. It's listening. They LOOK like they are listening...but they are not. AHHHHHHH! New concept. Right?

So after reading the most gigantic story ever...TWICE (because apparantly NO ONE listened to round 1...) Zano and Duka couldn't even tell me the featured animal in the story. The answers were "Jesus?" "God?" "dog?" Ok. scratch that.

So I made a quick decision that the best way for them to learn the lesson was ... to have them sit at their desks with their hands folded while Tirzah and Zion got to color the pictures and do the activities related to the story. The next time I read a paragraph they knew it word for word. I wonder how many times we'll have to learn this lesson...? :)

Last night we had a little party for Azlan. It was so sweet. In fact, he asked to pray for his meal. When 'amen' finally rolled around Dean was laughing at me because I was wiping the tears off my face. Yah. My preciousness. And here he is, 4 years later, praying for the food. Love Love Love him.

So tomorrow is back at school again. I have to say it's quite fun. I get to sit there with my coffee and schedule and it's quiet and organized (how very me...the quiet part anyway...I know...never would guess that would be a love of a girl that chose to have 7 kids!) and Azlan and Azahria seem to have fun out in the playroom while school is in session. Come lunch time it's all fun and games for the rest of the day as Azahria sleeps it away :)

Tomorrow I have a 'genetics appt' at my OB office. I'm not exactly sure what it's for but I think it's to do with Azlan having a cleft. The big ultrasound is October 25th and as of right now...the gender will remain a surprise til mid March. Do I sound like I'm jumping up and down excited about this ... ? :) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Can you train a brain that cannot stand surprises in any way...to love this one? Ok. It's ok. I'll be ok. And I have gotten to find out for all 4 so far. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment