Monday, May 31, 2010

Doing great!!

Update:

Things are improving all the time. Since Zunduka's 4-peeing-his-pants-in-a-row-episode..he hasn't done it since and proudly tells me so everyday!!

Chazano has crumbling walls. And that is a gooooooddd thing. He is realizing little by little he is here to stay and this is 'home'. Want some big news...? He now eats as fast as everyone else and I never have to tell him to! I was pretty sure it was an attitude issue.

Big news again: Zunduka has gained ONE full pound!!!! Since he eats less here than he did in Africa and is one pound up...I'm thinking my theory might have something to it...

I went clothes shopping for the wedding (that we are literally planning for by faith)...and found the boys all distressed Gap jeans for $12.99 each. I was pretty excited. We are doing cute frayed flip flops, distressed jeans and cute embroidered white dress shirts. I'm not much of a suit person for kids and they look so adorable in their outfits.

I did finally find the final piece to AP's outfit so we are pretty set.

Yesterday we had a babysitter for 4 hours while Dean and I went shopping. Seriously...4 hours of searching for a suit. P.I.C.K.Y!! :) He says since I always buy crazy clothes for him the suit standard went up. Nothing was funky enough. Finally we found one at Burlington that is super fabulous. I wanted to buy him a pink dress shirt to go with but his sentiment was "I will do anything for love...but I won't do that!". :)

I went back out later searching for me...I bought two complete outfits and Dean loves the one and thinks the other is too 'professional and business like' haha. Made me laugh. That's my comfort clothes! We are pretty well ready. Even have a seamstress fixing his suit today.

Our big news yesterday was Tirzah and Zion learned their verse for sunday school they were sooooo excited. We learn a new verse every week in our family...so it's kind of complicated to also learn a new one for sunday school, but we are getting there.

So why are we going by faith? Well we are leaving in 2 days...with no green cards. We do have an appt with USCIS in Yakima tomorrow morning to see if they can help us. It's pretty weird packing and getting ready for a huge trip...not really knowing if you can even go!!

I've struggled this week...because it's just hard to realize that 'every second thought' is not crying out to God like it was in Africa. That my days are back to 'normal' and a new level of normal. It's children and work and life and schedules and routines. Yet I was suddenly aware...that my heart can still be 'there'. It is not dependent on me. On how often I talk to Him. On how my heart is held together by a mere thread and He won't let go. Oh how He loves us.

This morning in our "Love Dare" read it was about unconditional love. The author talked about all the 'loves' and how often marriage is built on the wrong type of love. When asked why a husband loves his wife his answer will be: "she's beautiful!" or "she is so kind!" or "We are great friends!" etc. And when the wife is asked similar answers are given. So the question is...what happens when those things change...? What happens if she is no longer beautiful? Even no longer kind? Does the love stop? We all know in too many cases, yes it does. But God asks us to love with a love...that He loves us with. Completely unselfish, when nothing is given in return, no matter how many times we walk away with our hand in the air...just because...He loves us. No other reason. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. That is more powerful than most of us realize. Nothing. Think of the worst we can do to God...it cannot separate us from His love. That is Agape love. This all came together this morning...how I was feeling the distance compared to Africa...yet God's love is so not based on that. He loves me.

All week I realize I'm humming...even singing...on the inside and when I take a moment to stop and hear what it is...it has been this:

"How He loves!"

He is jealous for me.
Loves like a hurricane..
I am a tree....
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden..
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
I realize just how beautiful You are...
and how great Your affections are for me.

Oh...how He loves us...
Oh...How He loves us...
Oh how He loves us...Ohhhh


Heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss...
my heart beats violently inside of my chest.
I don't have time to maintain these regrets...
when I think about...
The way....
He loves us!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, and I definitely want to see some pics of these fabulously described outfits of you all :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post my friend and encouraging :). I think that song is one of my all time favorite songs :). So glad Z gained a pound...that ROCKS :). Praying for your trip and everything to fall into place just as the Lord has planned!!! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete