Saturday, February 27, 2010

Though the world sees and soon forgets...

You have no idea how much this song has spoken to me. No ... how much God has spoken to me through this song. If you have been following the blog...it was on my flight from Lusaka to London that I was almost plagued with the song for hours ... til I finally sat down and listened to it on my iPod and said "ok. I won't forget who You are and what You've done for us". ....


So I got a run down from a lady that recently adopted from Zambia on the time line of necessary things/paperwork filings etc from Court to be able to leave the country and come home. She was in Lusaka the entire time...ON THE CASE...and it was 18 business days for her. Thats...almost 4 wks including weekends.

Gulp.

I just got her note today as I asked her last night. Honestly I felt a tad bit of "ok God....what now?" I don't want to leave our children for 4 wks. We cannot (seemingly) leave our children for 4 wks. We have to work. We have to care for our family. Right now the tentative plan (based on hypothetical dates) is that my parents come to care for the children but their time is quite limited...and I felt like screaming AHHHHHHHHHHH. Instead I went up to our room...and sat on the side of the tub and in complete silence...I heard something. Have a guess....?

"Though the world sees and soon forgets...we will not forget who You are and what You've done for us......though the world sees and soon forgets ... we will NOT forget who You are and what You've done for us!!"....

I stood and instantly said "oh...thats what this is about...yes I've seen what You've done. Just like Israel did...and how soon we forget and doubt what you CAN do and how you will take care of us".... I will not forget who He is and what He has done for us. Its faith. Sorry ... that's all I have. I'm not blind. I know the facts. I have the documents. We are prepared but 90% of this is out of our hands. I will trust in You.

If I can for my children...how much does He? One of the verses that kept coming to me on my trip to Africa was "if you ask your father for bread, would he give you a stone?...(paraphrased)...He cares. He loves. He knows. He's got it. And even when it seems my world is shaking...Heaven stands. (great song btw by JJ Keller).

No I know no more than that. I have asked Chrissy for his rundown of the time frames but do know he tends to exaggerate to make things look a tad smoother than they are. God I trust in You.

If you think of us...Pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment