Sunday, January 10, 2010

Its down to a matter of hours.

Wow!! So its happening and its literally just a matter of hours away! I'm going to Zambia!!

I have one suitcase packed pretty full. The second one is for food items that we bought for Tanis (24lbs of powdered milk and then frozen items that she finds expensive in Africa)... the third suitcase will be used for all the extras: 12v fans, clothes for the twins, gifts for the twins that we all went and bought as a family today...the kids all painted them a canvas today too :) So cute!

I just got off the phone with Tanis and you can tell she's pretty excited. She was pretty pleased to tell me she managed to kill a bat today. Ok. Seriously. In her living room. Ewwww. I'm not much for bugs/rodents/anything that is not my pet!! As long as I don't have to eat it...right?

I'm well stocked with flipflops (thank you Old Navy for being well stocked in January!) and summer clothes (culturally -- long skirts are the norm so that is what I will be wearing out of respect).

Tirzah hugged me tight tonight and said "mama...I really don't want you to go. 15 days is really long!" :(

My verse for the night:
Philippians 1:6

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

He began this work and we are trusting Him to complete it. Including safe travel for me and peace of mind as I leave our young family behind. So thankful to special friends who are supplying meals to Dean and the children while I'm gone!!



No comments:

Post a Comment