Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Though the world sees and soon forgets...."

If you've never heard of Kim Walker-Smith, look her up on YouTube. She's a Christian artist with a group called "Jesus Culture". We love her singing. Seriously gifted. Sings heart and soul.

When I left Lusaka, I was tired. Going 2 weeks on very little sleep...now on a 10 hour flight...what else would I do but sleep. Right? Well everytime I closed my eyes...my whole self was singing. Not the oh-so-soothing-singing to ease myself into sleep...but the type of singing where I was crying out for it to stop. Definitely past the point of annoyance. Several hours in, I went to the bathroom just to give myself a shake. I prayed. And cried that God would just let me sleep. Give me sleep. And really....remove this song from my brain. I'm sure there was a message...but I promised to think of it later and link it together. I went back to my seat and it was worse. Have you ever had this happen? Its no longer a "song stuck in your head" its a "Ok God what are you telling me?". I pulled out my iPhone and tried to find the song. I closed my eyes and listened to it.




Where you go I go
What you say I say
What you pray I pray
[Repeat 2x]

Jesus only did, What he saw you do
He would only say, What he heard you speak
He would only move, When he felt you lead
Following your heart, Following your spirit

How could I expect to walk without you
When every move that Jesus made was in surrender
[ Find more Lyrics on http://mp3lyrics.org/kvEF ]
I would not begin to live without you
For you alone are worthy you are always good

You are always good
You are always good
Always good
Always good

[Bridge]
Though the world sees and soon forgets
We will not forget
Who you are and what you've done for us
What you've done for us



I listened to it twice.
Back to back. The line that
had been going through
my head for now hours was
the last one:
"Though the world sees and
soon forgets....We will not
forget who You are and
what You've done for us"
Little did I know how difficult
this would be to really
penetrate my life. Yes I saw
things that were life changing.
Perspective changing. Made
me have heart committments.
How many of us see and soon
forget? We separate the two.
One is Africa. One is America.
They don't mix. We rationalize
it all. What if we let what we
see impact us? Change us? I
was so touched by
Africa. I have been to Mexico
several times. I have seen the
poverty.
I was touched. Moved.
Nothing could prepare me for
Africa. Every day I have been
focussed on remembering.
Many see and soon forget...
can I commit to "I will not forget
who You are and what You've
done for us"...?
Africa--Change me.

Funny enough--after thinking
this through on the plane the
song was gone.
It never came back to mind again.

No comments:

Post a Comment