Friday, December 25, 2009

Flight is booked and ....drumroll....

THE HIPPO SOLD TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (you gotta hear this story~!!)....so when we bought our bedroom set off Craigslist in Portland the lady told us she had a load to send to Goodwill and asked if we wanted it. Dean picked through a few things and put them in a box (I didn't know about this). A few wks later I came home to see Dean outside and the boys playing with a hippo outside. The hippo was looking a little spendy so I decided to check it out online. Dean laughed. Meanwhile its Jay Strongwater. (means NADDA to me...but does to someone) ... it sells exclusively on Neiman Marcus for .... $995!!! So I put it on ebay. For $795 with best offer option. I got an offer for $250. I refused it. I've listed it twice since. Today, Christmas day I got an offer for $545 (my asking price was only $595 this time). So sweeet!!! Paying for these adoption expenses one random thing at a time :)

Flight is Seattle-London-Lusaka January 16-30. While ESTATIC to go to Africa (a dream in itself)...and then to meet our boys and spend 2 wks with them and Tanis (cannot wait) I'm all of a sudden weak in the stomach thinking about leaving my family for 2 wks.... ahhh....


No comments:

Post a Comment