Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Overwhelmed.

With emotion. It is 12:30 am. I've been sitting here calling my attorney (call back in 2 hours he is in court). I asked for the number for the Social Welfare office (since my only source is Google and it apparently is an old non functioning number) and she said "call back in 2 hours and I will have it for you". ...

I found some number for some place that I honestly did not even know who I was calling...services for juveniles or something but I did know it was in Lusaka and that was a start. I asked for three women's numbers and surprisingly the lady gave them to me. (These names were given to me by the lady I met in IL that adopted in Zambia as the 3 Social Workers that deal with adoption). Then the lady I was speaking to asked who I was and what I wanted etc. She totally knew my case!! She said your attorney was here speaking with me last week. She said "I am the one at the Department of Social Welfare that will approve or not approve your case" !!! Ok this is a big deal. So we talk more. It is a bit frustrating because of the phone delay and the accent that in some words I was simply unable to understand what she was saying :( She said NO Tanis can NOT foster the children that that simply does not make sense. Ahhh. She said "you can come here for 90 days yourself and foster them." I asked if we both have to come and thankfully she said "no, just you". So then I told my story. How we believe we are to be these childrens' parents yet we have 4 small children here in the USA and I simply cannot up and leave my children for 90 days to move to Lusaka. The she said "Oh no problem, just come and meet the children. Spend one week with them and then go home and 90 days later come back to adopt them". I must have asked her to repeat that 3 times to the point where the lady was a tad frusterated with me :) But I was so elated I needed to hear it again. And again :) She said since the children are in Zambezi district that we needed to call that office but in the end it was her that would review our case and have the final say. I asked for the phone number for that office and she did better. She said "here is a gentleman's name and number, tell him I sent you". I was on the verge of tears.

I called him. Mr. Chris ______. He answered the phone immediately and I told him who sent me and the story. He said "we can help". He told me to get Tanis to call him today and that he would meet with her and then drive with Tanis in country to go meet the children and to get a letter from their bio father saying he was relinquishing his parental rights (he abandoned the children at birth but Tanis met him and he is very willing to write the letter). Then he said he will call me and tell me when to come.

Ok I just hung up the phone with him and tried to call Tanis but she is likely already in hospital for the day. I texted her (how cool is that?!? Yes we text...to a village hospital in Chitokoloki Zambia!!!) and hope to hear back from her. I am exploding with emotion. Tears. Excitement. Overwhelming emotion of staying up several nights to get nothing now to get so many answers and be led in the right direction.

Psalm 18:6 "In my distress I cried to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From His temple He heard my voice; my cry came before Him, into His ears."

Thank you God for hearing my cry. For "I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you".

Please continue to pray.

--Just got in touch with Tanis who was so excited at our news. She is going to call Mr. Chris right now and said his office is 50km away from her and she is hoping to set an appointment to meet him on Monday. She will text me an update.



1 comment:

  1. That is such awesome news Janice. Prayers for you that everything works out just right....as it already is so you can have those sweet boys home with you. They will be so blessed to call you their mom just as the 4 you already have are!
    ~Earlene

    ReplyDelete