Thursday, March 19, 2009

Touched.

In church a few Sundays ago I meant to write this as this was really moving.  The children sang a special song. Because of where we were sitting we couldn't hear it. I couldn't hear anything being said except the word "arise" in the chorus.  All of a sudden I started to cry. It was so strange, I had no idea why I was crying and I turned to Dean and said "wow, this is so strange, I'm crying and I don't know why but its something to do with this song". I had never heard the song before. That night Dean called me to the den to show me something on youtube. He had pulled up the song from earlier in the day. It was by Michael W. Smith and here are the words:

Can you hear, there's a new song
Breaking out from the children of freedom
Every race and every nation
Sing it out sing a new Hallelujah

Let us sing love to the nations
Bringing hope of the grace that has freed us
Make Him known and make Him famous
Sing it out sing to the new Hallelujah

Chorus
Arise
let the church Arise
Let love reach to the other side
Alive come alive
Let the song Arise

Africa sings a new song
reaching out with the new Hallelujah
Every son and every daughter
everyone sing a new Hallelujah

Chorus
Arise
let the song Arise
[ Michael W. Smith Lyrics are found on www.songlyrics.com ] 
Let love reach to the other side
Alive come alive
Let the song Arise

Bridge
Whoa whoa yeah (2x)
Let the song arise(2x)
Let the song arise yeah (2x)

Spoken
Let the world sing a new Hallelujah
From Africa to Australia
From Brazil to China
From New York down to Houston!

Chorus
Arise
let the church Arise
Let love reach to the other side
Alive come alive
Let the song Arise


I was so moved. I had never heard the song before. Definitely didn't understand any words at church and it shouldn't be a surprise how much this song was connected to what God is leading us to do in Africa. He spoke through a song and later I saw just how much it related to us.  Michael W. Smith even sings with the African Childrens Choir in the song. 


No comments:

Post a Comment