Friday, February 27, 2009

what can I say...What can I do...

ahhhh. I don't even know what to say so I'll keep typing that. This all feels like a dream. A dream I have dreamed so many times since I was a child. I can't believe it may be really happening.

I spoke to Jenny Groothius again and got advice where to start to do my part. She said for Tanis to speak to an attorney in Zambia to know the steps to take and for me to start on a Home Study and apply for a I600A. 

I haven't heard from Tanis for a few days...I've spoken to a few places trying to find someone that will do a homestudy for independent internation adoptions.  So far 2 of the places said no they only work with adoptions through agencies as they've experience some of the corruption of people going to third world countries, like Haiti, and basically buying children illegally.  I did find a place today that I spoke with and he said yes he does independent adoption home studies.  We are looking at about 6 wks of a process and $1000.  He has a few things to check on but other than that we'll get start right aways.

I also found out about the I600A that I have to file with the government so I'll begin on that asap.

Then I got a letter from Tanis tonight. Here is what it says:

OK.  You will have received a  copy of my email to the lawyer....but the address must be faulty....as it came back.  Sorry....will keep trying. So I hear that I could have the adoption process over in 3 months by living in the country.  Will hope and pray that is true. Love, Tan


this gave me goosebumps.  I don't quite understand all she's saying. We're talking about several different options right now...one being that since she is in Zambia, maybe it would be easier HER adopting the children and we adopt directly from her which may also be an easier process b/c then we are adopting family.  

ahhh so I start with ahhh and I end with ahhh. I don't know what to say or what to think but I know the moment I realize for sure this is all happening is going to be a very emotional moment. aaahhhh.

 James 1:27: 27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment